Thursday, February 19, 2009

Storytime

So I promised an update on my latest adventures.  It's a pretty long story that goes back almost a year.

God knows our needs before we do and this is one situation where that is definitely true.   A few years ago when we lived in Lilburn, my aunt and cousin moved here from Florida and due to God working things out, my parents bought the small 3 bedroom next to our house and my aunt rented it out.  We moved out to Grayson during college and they stayed there.  Sometime last summer, the recession revealed its ugly downward head as it chewed out the innards of the housing market and quickly branched into almost every other area of the economy.   Important because my dad worked almost exclusively for residential home builders.  Also important because I moved back home after college.  Fast forward to a month ago and we put our house on the market, pretty much the best house ever, that's a fact, not opinion.  Lord willing, it will sell before the bank takes it.  As God works things out we have a second house and my aunt moved to an apartment and we are moving into her old house.   Crazy, for a bunch of reasons; 1) We are moving to a house next door to our old house of 10 years (I learned how to do remodeling on that house, my dad and I changed out the kitchen, the bathrooms and added an office).  2) The new house is the smallest in the neighborhood and the ugliest, no lie.  

So, we have started the latest Law family construction project, the fixing of our new house.  My aunt has dog that does not know what potty training is in the slightest.  Subsequently fixing the house has meant gutting the interior and replacing all the flooring and trim.  We also have plans to fix the outside, which is currently an eyesore.  We have had lots of help from friends and church people and luckily I do remodeling for a living.  One more instance of God's provision was my sister was able to come home this week to work and she was able borrow a pick-up truck.

In the midst of all of this I am going to try and take the MCAT again in May and get all of my med-school taken care of this summer.  I also interviewed 2 weeks ago to be a BCM intern for a year.  Its a longshot, but it is something I am passionate about and I am making myself available, we'll see.

Ok story over, if you read all of this and it made sense, congratulations, you are updated.  
In the future, I would rather write about stuff like this:

Cellphones and computer are wearing us out.
The adrenaline rush that comes with every ring and bing wears our bodies out.  That's why when people go on a technology break they feel energized and refreshed

No comments: